Eric Rochow of Real World Green gives us advice on making our computers more environmentally friendly. This video first explains that screensavers are not green. Screensavers require a computer to use its processor. Ideally, when you're not using your computer it should be in sleep mode and your monitor should be in sleep mode as well. This saves a lot of energy. Also, at the end of the day, turn off your computer and monitor. Don't let them run all night. An interesting fact from the Department of Energy: If every business in the United States used the sleep function on their monitors instead of screensavers, we'd save $600 million in energy! Be green, have fun with your computer, but say goodbye to that screensaver and you'll be saving energy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades