Phantom loads are what happens when you leave electronic devices plugged in when they are not in use. Even if you do not have your electronics turned on, they are still putting out an electric charge. These phantom loads can be prevented with a few simple changes.
In this tutorial from About.com, learn how to reduce your electric bill by eliminating phantom loads. Unplug appliances when they are not being used, including clocks, radios, TVs, cell phone chargers..anything that requires a plug in a wall outlet. By unplugging these devices, you will reduce your energy output, save money and help the planet a little bit each day.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades