Water is an important resource and it needs preservation. Older toilets suck up way more water than necessary, causing both high water bills and pain for the environment. Follow this tutorial, and learn how turn your old toilet into a newer low-flow model.
You Will Need
• ½-gallon plastic container with a lid
• Pebbles or sand (optional)
Step 1: Test the size of your container
Remove the lid from your toilet tank and insert a clean, ½-gallon plastic bottle to make sure it fits.
The bottle should fit in the tank without touching the mechanical parts of the flushing and refilling system.
Step 2: Fill the bottle
Remove the bottle and fill it with water, pebbles, or sand.
Step 3: Put the cap on
Screw the cap or lid securely onto the container.
Step 4: Put the bottle in the tank
Put the bottle into the tank, away from the moving parts of the toilet. Replace the lid on your toilet tank, and you are done.
Adding a plastic bottle to your toilet tank can save as much as 25 percent of the water flushed in a typical home.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades